11 Dec 2011

Thrift shopping,

Hi everyone,
Love this time of year !
And although it's about the busiest time there's always a litlle moment,

  
to do some thriftshopping.
And this time I found something special to show you,

Stamps?

A small rug that was framed.

so sweet

My mother said,
 it are little banner images that came with a pack of cigarettes before the war
(around 1940) and people collected them.

from about 1940..

I love how they are sewn together
and wonder
who it could have made ​​and in what circumstances.

This is what I love about thriftshopping!

groetjes Heleen
4975832883_795b7c0638_o

16 comments:

  1. Oh my, I LOVE the little cigarette banners! They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooo wat een schitterende vondst!!!
    liefs Ester

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooie vondst. Ik hou ook zo van "oude troepies"
    Ben benieuwd wat je ervan gaat maken.
    groetjes,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat zijn die leuk, heb ik nog nooit eerder gezien. Daar gaan jullie vast iets leuks mee doen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeetje wat een goeie vondst!Ik vind het echt prachtig.
    Fijn weekend, Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  6. heel intersant deze kleine stitcheries. You find the most interesting things. groetjes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! What a great find!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating! I love to thrift too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super leuk !
    Die had ik ook wel willen vinden ...., maar jullie maken er vast weer wat moois van

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat treasure find, I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never before seen fabric cigarette banners, although I am familiar with decorative (paper) cigarette cards. That is a wonderful thrifty discovery!

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Find. But, I do see a new bag in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yahoo for you..love finding treasures...now I want to go shopping at my favourite charity shop today....I always find something! Hugs to you dear one. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you :)
Groeten, Heleen en Corry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...