2 Nov 2010

Tuesday happiness

by Corry
Good Evening dear ladies and gents ofcourse.
Did you have a nice day?
I had a perfect day.

I've got a mini makeover at the hairdresser
After almost 30 years
our smallest room is also getting a makeover.
A wall of Mini circles looks fabulous, but
are not that fablous to glue on!

Another reason for me  to be HAPPY!!
My mother in law has given me her overlock machine.
 It's a heavy semi industrial machine.
I need some practice though.

I finished my autumn scarf
Knitted with mohair wool and needles number 9.

And ofcourse I immediately started a new project right away.

And to make this days happiness complete...
The mailwoman delivered the new Flow.

 as always so colorful with lovely pictures and pretty drawings!!
In this issue an item about collecting.

I'm sort of a collector. I collect blue china, fabrics, vintage goods.
I used to collect Beatrix potter, children teasets, cats....
Here some items of my vintage sewing supplies collection.
The face buttons are my favorite ones.

Are you a collector?
Well its getting late,
 time for coffee and doing a bit of crochet.
Groetjes, Corry

p.s. Special message for Monique:  I made a start on your pillow case
and I'm very pleased with the result so far.
4975832883_795b7c0638_o

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a great day! Your scarf is beautiful and looks so soft. I just started crocheting a baby blanket in variegated turquoises and blues. I used some of my special buttons for a scrappy quilt. I put one at each corner--it was bulky work but so worth it. Now the buttons are on display and I can enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the days my friend!!! Love the overlock machine and your collections!
    I have been collecting cow items, but now we seriously collect glass art. Especially birds from Finland.
    And fabrics, books and patterns, everything quilt/patchwork related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat een leuke post, word ik helemaal vrolijk van!
    Verzamelplaatjes zijn altijd leuk. Ik ga snel de flow erbij pakken, kreeg 'm ook vanmorgen in de bus!
    groetjes,
    Wilmi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when my day turns out good. Oh my goodness that is an awesome machine and your scarf is beautiful. I'm still working on my socks...and Yes I'm a collector of too many things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Corry what a great post, I don't know where to start!
    Firstly your hair could be my hair, I was amazed at how similar they look!!!
    I love your scarf, great colours and of course your crochet is beautiful!
    You're so lucky to get the overlocker my daughter would so love to have one of those!
    Such a lovely little collection of vintage sewing supplies.
    Myself, I collect rabbits!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't really collect things, but if i look around, i have to admit i do have a lot of :
    - fabrics
    - books
    - beads
    - bowls



    so maybe, i'm a collector without knowing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello dear corry,
    this is such a great post, i love your pictures, especially those of your vintage sewing collection.
    Am so excited to read the pillow is coming well ! will let you know when i am done with my package goodnes. :)
    Will ship it hopefully next week
    sending hugs,
    monique x

    ReplyDelete
  8. When ever there is a possiblitily to find two of anything, I become a collector. It's an addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good day, indeed! :) I just love the circles. I thought about doing something with small hexagon tiles in my bathroom, but I think I might pay someone to help me with it. :D I like collecting things too.

    Your hair looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you :)
Groeten, Heleen en Corry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...